Small Faith-Sharing Groups
- ADULT ED PROGRAM FOR LENT: God’s Transformative Love. Are you ready to let God's love transform you? Join us this Lent for two beautiful studies. The first study focuses on God's endless mercy. The second study focuses on the abundance of gifts God showers upon us and how the Holy Spirit can help us open these gifts. Classes run Wed, Feb 6 through April 10, there are morning sessions at 10am (Unity Hall) and evening sessions starting w 6:15 dinner each nite and then class at 7pm. however the study is designed that you can come at any time, including if you want to make this a “Lenten” project and to begin after Lent begins; AND is no greater gift then fellowship so if all you can make is dinner we would love to have you. The cost is $10. To register and get info go to www.holyfamilychurch.org or call Christy Cosgrove at 301-261-7366.
- Women’s Bible Studies: These include “Fearless and Free” and “Walking with Purpose.”
They enable women to know Christ through Scripture. Check out this link to learn more about WWP. walkingwithpurpose.com/about-us/ For more info contact: AM Coordinator, Holly Margerum, at firstname.lastname@example.org and PM Coordinator, DeDe Connelly, at email@example.com.
- Young Adult Bible Study meets twice per month (and they have social events too): Contact Gina at firstname.lastname@example.org or Alex at email@example.com.
- Holy Family Men’s Groups: Men's Groups meet three times each week: Every other week of the month: Tues 7:30pm / Classroom 14, Thurs 6:15am /chapel and Saturday, 7am/ classroom 10.Email for upcoming dates at HFMM24@Gmail.com.
- Cursillo: If you have been on a Cursillo retreat and want information about local groups for men or women in the Cursillo movement, please contact Tina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Marriage Encounter: If you have been on the marriage retreat called “Marriage Encounter” and there is a circle that meets once a month on Fridays for follow-up. Contact Tom and Eileen at email@example.com. For info about a “Marriage Encounter” retreat, go to www.wwme.org.
- “Retrouvaille” is a retreat for marriages which need healing. They then meet monthly after the retreat. Contact Hank or Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org. Go to www. helpourmarriage.org.
- Holy Family Book Club Ministry: Maybe read a book or two for Lent this year? Our book club reads spiritual books and discusses them at monthly meetings on Mondays in the parish library w wine and cheese. For more info contact Betty at email@example.com or call 240-375-6344.
- Secular Franciscans: The members of this group actually can become lay members of the Franciscan Order. They meet monthly and strive to live simply and with the Gospel integrity of Sts. Francis and Clare. Visit www.john23.sfousa.org.
- Parish Prayer Group: This is a Charismatic Prayer group that has talks, music and intercessory prayer. They meet on Tuesdays at 7pm and resume meeting on March 5th. All are invited. For info contact Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Holy Family Movie Club Ministry: Meets once a month to view a religious or inspiring movie in Unity Hall with popcorn and snacks provided, followed by a discussion. Usually the first Saturday night of the month, following the 5pm mass. Contact Jeff at email@example.com.
- Celebrate Recovery is for anyone who is looking for a Christ-centered way to deal with an issue that is blocking us in our spiritual journey (food, internet, alcohol, attitudes, etc.) There is a men’s group that meets on Fridays (contact Ed at firstname.lastname@example.org. A women’s group is forming, contact Diane at email@example.com.
- The Bereavement Group, “Understanding Your Grief”: Meets every spring for a six-week program, and then monthly all year. The next session 7pm on Wed. May 1st in classrooms 12 & 13. If you’ld like to help, contact Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tessie at email@example.com. If you or someone you know would like to attend, contact Joan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Divorce Care is a program for those who have recently experienced a divorce or separation. Began January 30th at 7pm. Room 17. For more info, Cyndi at email@example.com.
- Single Again of Anne Arundel County meets at Holy Family and other parishes. Upcoming events TBA or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.