Small Faith-Sharing Groups
- Understand the Entire Bible Story. Starting Thursdays, September 12th, Holy Family brings to you the internationally known Bible Timeline study program by Jeff Cavins. There are several ways you can take this guided journey through salvation history and 14 of the Bible’s narrative books that tell the biblical story from beginning to end. Choose from small group or online options that will give you the keys to understanding the amazing story woven throughout Scripture. Take the daytime 24-week in-depth course, Thursdays, 9:30-11:30 AM, or opt for the evening 8-week fact-packed overview, Thursdays, 7:00-8:30 PM or study from home using online programs and a book by Jeff Cavins. Register online at www.holyfamilychurch.com or contact Christy Cosgrove for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Scripture Study: “Panorama of the Old Testament” will begin Sept 9th from 7-8:30pm in classrooms 12-13. Study books are $10. (Childcare will be provided if needed.) Join us as we explore the sweeping saga of God’s people and their sacred journey. Uncover interwoven themes, the background of familiar characters and God’s overall plan of salvation. 9 sessions. For more info Tina at email@example.com.
- Womens Study: Ladies this Fall we will dive in to the Old Testament and study Sonja Corbitts new study Fulfilled. Fulfilled explores the biblical roots of the Catholic Faith. It uncovers God’s consistent design for our worship of him and his relationship with us. Learn how the Old Testament Tabernacle can be used as a blueprint for the Catholic Faith and how Jesus fulfilled it in the New Testament. Part One focuses on the elements found in the outer sanctuary of the Tabernacle and how they connect to the liturgical calendar, the priesthood, purgatory, baptism, and more. Classes will meet both AM 9:45-11:30 & PM 7:00-8:30 beginning Wednesday, Sept. 11 and running through Oct. 30th. Childcare will be offered for the morning. Register online at www.holyfamilychurch.com. For more info contact Christy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Save the Date - Dinner & Talk: Sunday, November 17th with Fr. Steve Ryan, O.P. "Understanding the Old Testament." Fr. Ryan teaches courses on the Old Testament (Pentateuch, Prophets, Wisdom, Psalms), as well as biblical and early Christian languages (Hebrew, Greek, Syriac). Dinner will be at 6pm and his talk will start promptly at 7pm. Q & A after.
- Women's Retreat, "Blessed Is She." This is a national Catholic retreat with four sites across the country. For women 18 years and older. October 10th-12th. Go to blessedisshe.net/retreat.
- Young Adult Bible Study meets twice per month beginning October 7th, every 1st & 3rd Monday at 6:30pm in Classroom 15 (and they have social events too). Contact Gina at email@example.com or Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Young Adult Praise and Worship practice every 2nd & 4th Monday at 6:30pm in the Library. Please contact Alex if you have questions at email@example.com.
- MEN WITH A MISSION: You were taught to be successful: Are you there? Are you sure? All men in the community are invited to join us to add your experiences and wisdom to a 5-session discussion on what it means to be a Christian man, father, husband, friend and member of the church. For details and registration go to www.holyfamilychurch.com and click on “Men With A Mission” icon or contact Dave Springer at HFMM24@Gmail.com.
- Holy Family Men’s Groups: Men's Groups meet three times each week: Every other week of the month: Tues 7:30pm / Classroom 14, Thurs 6:15am /chapel and Saturday, 7am/ classroom 10.Email for upcoming dates at HFMM24@Gmail.com.
- Marriage Encounter: If you have been on the marriage retreat called “Marriage Encounter” and there is a circle that meets once a month on Fridays for follow-up. Contact Tom and Eileen at firstname.lastname@example.org. For info about a “Marriage Encounter” retreat, go to www.wwme.org.
- “Retrouvaille” is a retreat for marriages which need healing. They then meet monthly after the retreat. Contact Hank or Kim at email@example.com. Go to www. helpourmarriage.org.
- Holy Family Book Club Ministry: Read a book and meet for lively discussion, friendship, and snacks in the parish library. Sept 9, Mission of the Messiah by Tim Gray; Oct 14, Walking with God by Tim Gray and Jeff Cavins; Nov 11, The Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World by Douglas Adams; Dec 9, The Grace of Enough by Haley Stewart. Betty at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for a list of books for the coming year.
- Secular Franciscans: The members of this group actually can become lay members of the Franciscan Order. They meet monthly and strive to follow Christ and to live simply and with the Gospel integrity of Sts. Francis and Clare. Holy Family Parish has had a Franciscan influence for many years because of a long history of Franciscan priests assisting here since the 1970’s. Our Lay Franciscan group will also be officially installed as a chapter on Oct 19th in the morning with a mass. On that day, all in the parish are invited to attend this mass and a time of fellowship following to learn more. Visit www.john23.sfousa.org.
- Charismatic Prayer Group has praise and worship, music, talks, tetimonials, and intercessory prayer. group that has talks, music and intercessory prayer. They meet on Tuesdays in the chapel from 7 – 830pm. All are invited. For info contact Mela Dempsey at email@example.com or Elizabeth Brownlee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Holy Family Movie Club Ministry: We watch a meaningful movie each month at the parish and then discuss the film together. and meet for lively discussion, friendship, and refreshments in room 15 on Sat. nites starting at 6pm. Sept 7, The Shack; Oct 5, Mr Holland's Opus; Nov 2, Letters to God (about Mother Teresa), Dec 7 The Preacher’s Wife. Contact Jeff at email@example.com.
- Celebrate Recovery is for anyone who is looking for a Christ-centered way to deal with an issue that is blocking us in our spiritual journey (food, internet, alcohol, attitudes, etc.) There is a men’s group that meets on Fridays (contact Ed at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- The Bereavement Group, “Understanding Your Grief”: Meets every spring for a six-week program, and then monthly all year. If you’ld like to help, contact Dave at email@example.com or Tessie at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you or someone you know would like to attend, contact Joan at email@example.com.
- Divorce Care is a program for those who have recently experienced a divorce or separation. Starts September 25th at 7pm, Classroom 17. For more info, Cyndi at firstname.lastname@example.org.