Small Faith-Sharing Groups
SMALL GROUPS THIS FALL:
- We will have small groups meeting this fall using a program called “Presence.” It is about the Holy Eucharist. What is it that is so special about the Eucharist? Although the Eucharist appears to be simple bread and wine, it has been, since the time of the apostles, seen as truly the Body and Blood of Jesus. Take some time to explore and contemplate the implications of this mystery. Presence: The Mystery of the Eucharist explores our belief in Christ’s real presence in the Eucharist, from its origins in Sacred Scripture, to the ancient Church. Check out the preview at www.holyfamilychurch.formed.org or go to: vimeo.com/247516671
. Father Andy will lead us in our Oct. 10 discussion on the Biblical Foundations of the Eucharist. Questions please contact Christy Cosgrove at email@example.com.
- Weds, Sept 19 thru Oct 10 in Unity Hall. Fee: $5 payable to Holy Family.
- Choose either a morning or evening study. Childcare available at both AM & PM Studies.
- Fellowship 9:30-10:00/AM & Study at 10:00-11:30 AM, OR
- Dinner at 6:30-7:15/PM Study at 7:15-8:30 PM
- Scripture Study: The Gospel According to Luke Part I will begin Sept 10th from 7-8:30pm. (Childcare will be provided if needed.) Join us as discover the universal nature of Jesus' mission and the compassion of God. 6 sessions. For more info Tina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Womens Ministry Fall Study: Living in the Fathers Love begins Thurs Sept 20. Choose from morning study 9:30 - 11:00am (childcare included) or evening study 7:00-8:30pm. This 6-week Bible study is the ideal way to revive and refresh yourself and to discover how the Bible is relevant to our relationship with God and with those we love. Christy at email@example.com.
- Young Adult Bible Study: Please join us as we study the Bible some weeks, and have Praise and Worship music on alternate weeks. Join us Mondays at 6:30pm at Holy Family in classroom 15 if there is Bible Study, or in a nearby space when we do music. Contact Gina at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-513-9518 or Alex at email@example.com or 203-848-8996. UPCOMING YOUNG ADULT RETREAT ON Sat. AUG. 25. Please sign up through going to www.holyfamilychurch.com and clicking on link to young adult facebook page
- Holy Family Men’s Groups: Men's Groups meet three times each week: Every other week of the month: Tues 7:30pm / Classroom 14, Thurs 6:15am /chapel and Saturday, 7am/ classroom 10. Facilitators are Jim Murphy, Frank Klein and David Springer. Email at HFMM24@Gmail.com.
- Cursillo: If you have been on a Cursillo retreat and want information about local groups for men or women in the Cursillo movement, please contact Tina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Marriage Encounter: If you have been on the marriage retreat called “Marriage Encounter” and there is a circle that meets once a month on Fridays for follow-up. Contact Tom and Eileen at email@example.com. For info about a “Marriage Encounter” retreat, go to www.wwme.org.
- “Retrouvaille” is a retreat for marriages which need healing. They then meet monthly after the retreat. Contact Hank or Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org. Go to www. helpourmarriage.org.
- Holy Family Book Club Ministry: Read a book and meet for lively discussion, friendship, and snacks in the parish library. Sept 10, The Tweetable Pope by Michael O'Louglin; Oct 10, An Exorcist Tells His Story by Gabriele Amworth; Nov 12, To Light A Fire On The Earth by Bp. Robert Barron; Dec 10, One Beautiful Dream by Jennifer Fulwiler. Betty at email@example.com.
- Secular Franciscans: The members of this group actually can become lay members of the Franciscan Order. They meet monthly and strive to live simply and with the Gospel integrity of Sts. Francis and Clare. Visit www.john23.sfousa.org.
- Parish Prayer Group: This is a Charismatic Prayer group that has talks, music and intercessory prayer. They resume meeting after a Summer break on Tues. Aug. 21 in the chapel at 7pm. All are invited. For info contact Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Holy Family Movie Club Ministry: We watch a meaningful movie each month at the parish and then discuss the film together. and meet for lively discussion, friendship, and refreshments in room 15 on Sat. nites from 6-9pm. Oct 6, The Shack; Nov 3, Evan Almighty; Dec. 8, Christmas movie TBA. For info, contact Jeff at email@example.com.
- Celebrate Recovery is for anyone who is looking for a Christ-centered way to deal with an issue that is blocking us in our spiritual journey (food, internet, alcohol, attitudes, etc.) There is a men’s group that meets on Fridays (contact Ed at firstname.lastname@example.org. A women’s group is forming, contact Diane at email@example.com.
- The Bereavement Group, “Understanding Your Grief”: Meets every spring for a six-week program, and then monthly all year. The next session 7pm on Wed. Sept. 12 in classroom 16. If you’ld like to help, contact Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tessie at email@example.com. If you or someone you know would like to attend, contact Joan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Divorce Care is a program for those who have recently experienced a divorce or separation. Begins Wed. Sept 19 at 7pm. Room 17. For more info, Cyndi at email@example.com.
- Single Again of Anne Arundel County meets at Holy Family and other parishes. Upcoming events TBA or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.